In very basic terms we totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information we really need from you. We will look after it in the same way we would want ours looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share it with others where we need their help to deliver our service to you (such as our professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to post your purchases). Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on elsewhere! Here are more details –
1. The Data we collect
We collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us the following data –
At your first point of contact when completing the online enquiry form on my website you will be asked to provide
- Email Address
- Other information you find relevant for your enquiry
This information will be stored on our customer management system unless you specifically request it to removed then I will remove it permanently.
Once a booking is confirmed I require more information to complete contracts and invoicing. These documents are stored securely in a locked cabinet.
Obviously being a photographic business we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s).
You will be asked for your email address when accessing client galleries through my online gallery provider Pixieset. This is to protect image privacy and will never be used for marketing purposes. I will never share galleries without full consent but clients are welcome to share their images with friends, family etc
In order to run a wedding photography business, photographs from real weddings are used in social media and on our website to showcase a product we sell. Although most clients are happy to opt in for this they do have the right for privacy so clients may opt out of image use at any time during their contract.
Placing a print order requires your Name, Address, contact telephone number & email address. This is to stream line orders so prints can be shipped to you. The only time you will be contacted will be to confirm once prints have arrived or if there are any problems with your order. Again you will never be contacted for marketing purposes.
We will also record a date of birth for all persons we photograph under the age of 13 and require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography.
We collect this data on the following lawful basis
- Initial Consent form
- To arrange or fulfil a contract
- To meet a legal obligation other then a contract
When you visit our website we also collect Cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information.
2. Which third parties do we share Personal Data with?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- Pixieset – Online gallery provider
- Stripe – Online payment system used for print orders
- Printing Lab – For prints to be shipped directly
- Google Analytics – to track behaviour on website to improve customer experience
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Security & Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
5. You have the following rights –
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data via:
- Website contact form
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is on going. We may keep some of your personal data for up to 2 years after your event date. Images are stored on your online gallery and my external hard drive for a minimum of 2 years.
6. How to contact us